- November 22, 2021
- Posted by: DBS
- Category: Dubai Business Services
Event Management License in UAE
The Event Management License is required for any person or company that organizes events in the UAE. This license will be issued by the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Community Development after meeting specific criteria laid down in the UAE federal laws. The purpose of this article is to provide an overview of how to apply for this license.
Event management has always been in high demand all over the world. With so many people heading towards UAE for lifestyle and career, it’s only natural that they will consider getting into event management in UAE. While there are a lot of aspiring event managers in town, most don’t have an idea about the steps one needs to take in order to obtain an Event Management License in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or any other emirate of the UAE.
Why Should You Start an Event Management Business in the UAE?
The event management business setup in UAE will prosper without a doubt due to the sheer number of exciting events taking place here. Event management companies in UAE have the following benefits:
- Business setup at a low-cost – Event management licenses in UAE are categorized as professionals. Therefore, you can form a sole establishment on Dubai’s Mainland with 100% ownership.
- A professional license will make it easier for you to apply for as many employee visas as needed.
- Sponsor your family members – When you have your company license, you also receive a three-year investor visa that allows you to sponsor your family members’ residency in UAE.
Event Management Licenses in UAE: Steps to Take
Obtaining an event management license in UAE involves the following steps:
- Apply for a license by filling out an application form. Information about you and your profession is on the form. When applying for a license, you must also specify your business activities.
- List your company operations in the application and submit it to the Department of Economic Development once you’ve decided what they are (DED).
- If you’re starting a business in Dubai, pay attention to the second item. In Dubai free zones, there are distinct rules for obtaining an event management licence. It depends on the free zone you choose.
- After you’ve submitted your application and associated documentation, you’ll have to wait for DED to respond.
- Pay the costs after your application has been accepted.
- After the approval, you will have your licence within a few days.
What an Event Management Company is Allowed to Do in UAE
- Grand events, awards shows, seminars, promotional events, conferences, meetings, seminars, and other business-related activities should all be planned and encouraged.
- Ticket sales for events.
- Hotel reservations for the event’s guests.
Events Management Company Activities That Are Not Permissible in UAE
- Performing any civil or infrastructure projects, such as stage construction, scaffolding, display stands, or any other additional construction work.
- Import and export of items are also part of the trading activity.
- Training Exercises
- Organize and support activities without first obtaining permission from the necessary authorities.
- Activities of a Talent Agency
- Management of the venue.
Select the Right Setup
The next step is to choose the best company structure for your organisation.
There are several alternatives for forming a corporation in the United Arab Emirates, some of which are listed below;
- Company Formation in a Free Zone
- Setup of a Business in the Mainland.
- Setup of an Offshore Company
Both have their own set of benefits and drawbacks:
With various tempting advantages such as 0% personal and corporate income tax and 100% exemption from customs duty, free zones are a straightforward and cost-effective way to start an events business. Furthermore, unlike many other nations, UAE free zone businesses can repatriate all of their revenues and cash. There are no cash restrictions or foreign exchange restrictions.
You can also start a business in the UAE’s mainland. Mainland firms can deal directly with the marketplace without using a local agent, and they can also take on government contracts, which are not available to free zone businesses.
Cost of Event Management License in UAE
The costs of starting an event planning firm are determined by a variety of factors, including business activity, company size, and geography. The majority of the time, though, event management startup expenses are cheap.
You may expect to pay around AED 15,000 to get your event management licence if you opt to set up shop in Creative City Fujairah Free Zone, for example. There are few further fees to consider because an events licence does not necessitate the acquisition of office space.
Furthermore, using business services such as desk space, postal services, and internet and phone access entitles you to up to six staff visas.
Benefits of Establishing an Event Management Company
- In UAE, event management licences start at around AED 15000 and go up from there.
- For mainland events businesses and many of the UAE’s free zones, there is also no requirement for paid upfront share capital.
- Aside from that, there are relatively few startup fees — depending on your company activity, as long as you have a computer and necessary industry expertise, you’re ready to begin.
- There is no maximum limit, so event management firm owners can apply for as many visas as they like.
- There is typically no necessity to take on office space in the UAE free zones, although office space is necessary on the mainland. What sort of area you’ll require depends on your business’s activities and budget. DBS business setup experts will walk you through the many types of offices and the leasing procedure.
- An event management licence allows you to apply for visas not only for your staff but also for their family.
Getting an Event Management Licence in Dubai: Important Points to Note
- In the event of an event cancellation, you will be solely responsible for the full refund of your ticket money. You must also enter and acquire proper insurance policies to protect any and all expenses and reimbursements in the event of an event cancellation.
- The Authority has the right to investigate the Licensee’s operations, papers, and affairs at any time.
- The sale and advertising of tickets for events held outside of any Free Zone are governed by the competent authorities’ guiding principle.
- The sale and advertising of tickets in other states or countries are governed by the laws, rules, and regulations of the relevant authorities in such states or countries.
- Passes, websites, brochures, banners, flyers, and any other marketing materials should always provide a link to the event management, as well as any relevant general public information.
Because of the convenient business environment, the UAE is a great place to establish an event management company. Some overseas investors, on the other hand, maybe unaware of the right method for obtaining a legitimate even Management licence.
Furthermore, you must determine the sort of zone to conduct that is appropriate for your zone. In that scenario, we’ve outlined the best zones, including the Free Zone and the Mainland, from which you may choose for your event management firm. If things become rough while you’re starting up your business, you can always turn to a skilled DBS business setup consultant in Dubai for assistance.
DBS Business Setup
Our extensive domain experience and understanding of Emirate regulations enable us to take care of our clients’ passport, visa, and licensing requirements, ensuring that their tasks are performed smoothly and without additional bureaucratic trouble.
Please get in touch with us right away if you want to learn more.
Book a free consultation today!
Call us on +97145667485 or WhatsApp on +971551129344.
You may also chat with a live agent on our website https://www.dubaibusinessservices.com/, request a call back on https://www.dubaibusinessservices.com/contact-us/ or visit our office Clover Bay Tower Office 1111, Business Bay Dubai UAE
- Top 5 Cheapest Free Zones in UAE 2021: What you need to know
- Various Free Zones UAE with different specialties