- August 26, 2020
- Posted by: DBS Editorial Team
- Category: UAE Business Licenses
How to get a freelance license in Dubai?
Getting a freelance license in Dubai or becoming a freelancer in UAE is way to conduct commercial activities easily. Employees and entrepreneurs with a very limited financial backing become freelancers. They do not wish to deal with the hassle of incorporating an entire company in the UAE and prefer freelancing in Dubai. As a result, they save on the cost of company formation and the additional burden of renting an office space. Also, some individuals get a freelance license as they do not want to take the risk of starting a company in the initial phase. They grow their business being a freelancer in Dubai and when they are confident of their market share, they incorporate the company.
However, to get a freelancer license abiding to the commercial laws of the UAE is a must! A freelance license in UAE grants entrepreneurs an identification. The freelancer business license recognizes the entrepreneurs as a sole practitioner and allows to conduct business freely.
Here is how to get the freelancer license or freelance work permits in Dubai and across the UAE:
- Decide the jurisdiction that offer freelancer permits or freelance licenses. It is crucial to decide the jurisdiction early and ensure that the jurisdiction allows freelancing for the business activity.
- Get the application form from the concerned jurisdictional authority. In Dubai, get the application from the Department of Economic Development or the concerned free zone.
- Submit the typed application along with the business plan. Passport copy, visa copy, resume, portfolio and other original qualification certificates have to be submitted as well.
- No-objection certificate (NOC) from the employers or sponsor is required.
- Submit a good standing certificate from the suggested bank. The good standing certificate verifies that the individual has a fitting financial history and funds to start freelancing in Dubai.
- Freelancer in Dubai can obtain an employment visa through the licensing agent. If the freelancer is sponsored by their respective spouse or employer, then the NOC is sufficient.
- Being a sole entity, skip renting an entire office space. Make an affordable choice of renting a flexi-desk or a smart office – usually included in the fees for the freelance package.
- Submit all the related documents to the DED or the concerned free zone authority. This authority will provide the Dubai freelance license in Dubai ad entrepreneur can start doing business.
Book a free consultation:
Get in touch with DBS business setup to take care of all the requirements of getting a freelance license in Dubai. From recommending the right jurisdiction to renting a smart desk – DBS Business Setup can get you sorted!
DBS Business Setup is the best business setup service provider in the UAE offering assistance to entrepreneurs on various platforms. DBS Business Setup aids with licensing, documentation, PRO assistance, visa, etc.
For more information, speak to DBS Business Setup in Dubai. Call us on +97145667485 or WhatsApp +971555813673 to request a call back. You can also send us your enquiry here https://www.dubaibusinessservices.com/contact-us/