- September 1, 2020
- Posted by: DBS Editorial Team
- Category: Dubai Business Services
Complete guide on professional license in Dubai
Professional license in Dubai is a trade license provided by the Department of Economic Development (DED). Businesses that conduct professional activities opt for professional license in Dubai. Professional licenses offer 100% ownership to businessmen. This is the reason why most entrepreneurs opt for professional licenses in Dubai.
In this article, we have offered you a complete guide on professional licenses . Through this guide you can have an in-depth understanding on professional licenses. So, let’s get started!
What is a professional license?
A company that is focused on providing services or a company offering skilled trade need to obtain a professional trade license. The license permits the professionals to practice their service and earn not only in Dubai, but across the UAE.
What is the advantage of getting a Dubai professional license?
- 100% Foreign Ownership – With a professional license you can enjoy 100% foreign ownership in Dubai. Professional license offers you the liberty of not dealing with another shareholder in the company.
- Affordable – Professional license in Dubai is the most affordable license offered by the Department of Economic Development (DED). This is one reason businessmen want to obtain professional license as getting the license is easier and cost-effective.
- Accessibility – Similar to LLC company setup, professional companies can locate their office anywhere onshore and have easy accessibility. Professional license holders are not tied into leases with specific authorities, which further allows them to expand.
- Flexible Office – Having a professional license also reduces overhead costs as you have the option of flexible office space. You can make a choice between serviced offices, co-working space, flexi-desks or smart desks – as per your preference and budget.
- Business Activities – Several business activities are now eligible for professional license. This list is upgraded each year and announced by the Department of Economic Development (DED).
- Wider Market – Getting a professional license allows to have an onshore business. Which means you can do business with a wider market. Unlike, free zones there are no restrictions and you can deal with government bodies, MNC’s, SME’s in the UAE as well as outside the country.
Who can obtain the license?
All types of business activities are subjected to licensing in Dubai and across the UAE. The DED has divided commercial sectors through which different licenses are allocated. This allows the DED to monitor the businesses accurately and offer better regularity.
Nevertheless, here is a list of professions that can obtain a professional license in Dubai:
- Consultancy Service Providers
- Printing and Publishing Companies
- Digital Marketing & Web Design Companies
- Beauty Salons & Beauty Spas
- Accounting and Auditing Firms
- Information Technology Services
- Healthcare and Medical Companies
- Financial Advisory Service Providers
- Advertising Professionals
- Entertainment Service Providers
- Architectural Consultants
- Educational Professionals
- Management & Business Consultants
- Lawyers and Legal Advisors
- Technical Service Providers
How to get the professional license?
To get a professional license you need to deal with the Department of Economic Development (DED). The DED has set procedure that need to be followed to acquire the license.
Initially accumulate all the documents required, depending on the nature of the business. Some of the frequently required documents are as follow:
- Application Form for The Professional License
- Passport Copies of The Shareholders
- UID Number,
- Jinsiyya Or Muwatana Copy of The Local Agent,
- Additional DED Approvals (If Applicable)
- Municipality or / and RTA Approvals (If Applicable)
- BR1 Form
- Name Reservation Certificate
- Tenancy Contract
- EJARI Registration Certificate
The Department of Economic Development will also charge a professional license fees along with a security deposit under some circumstances.
Get your professional license through a business setup service provider in Dubai to speed up the process and be more cost effective.
Does the license require partnering with a UAE national?
The most beneficial part of getting professional license is that it offers 100% company ownership in Dubai. Getting a professional license do not need you to partner with a UAE national. However, you do need an agreement with a UAE local service agent.
Business with a professional license need a UAE local agent to conduct all the governmental formalities. With DBS Business Setup, we become your UAE local service agent and draft an agreement on your terms to safeguard your ownership at all times!
Book a free consultation for more details:
Still have doubts? Book a free consultation with our business setup experts and clarify all your queries, before you take the plunge to start your professional company in Dubai.
Call us on +97145667485 or WhatsApp us on +971555813673 to discuss more or even request a call back. You can also send us your enquiry here https://www.dubaibusinessservices.com/contact-us/