- September 30, 2021
- Posted by: DBS
- Category: Dubai Business Services
Wouldn’t it be great if you could start a small business from home on social media? An e-trader license enables you to make sales through your social media accounts of everything from handmade accessories to web design services. To learn more about E-Trader license Dubai, continue reading.
If you intend to expand your online business through the use of digital media, you need to obtain an e-trader license in Dubai. Each entrepreneur can now utilize social media channels to use their product to grow and to create their own market and niche, including home-based businesses and solopreneurs.
Businesses of all sizes and types can benefit from gaining an e-trader license in Dubai to build their brand on social media platforms effectively.
E-Trader License IN Dubai: What Is It?
According to Dubai’s Department of Economic Development (DED), the E-trader license was launched in 2017 to help home entrepreneurs conduct business via social media. Individuals or small businesses with just one owner will be able to sell their products and services on social media more easily with the E-Trader license.
Also, online shoppers will feel more confident when they use it. After cracking down on fake and counterfeit items on social media platforms, the DED announced the E-trade license. The license seeks to govern the selling of goods and services in Dubai via social media.
How Can You Use an E-Trade License in Dubai?
- Individuals with this license can lawfully promote and sell items and services using their social media accounts, such as Instagram, Facebook, and others, or through a personal website.
- You may also promote their goods and services on online marketplaces. Individuals and sole proprietorships can lawfully participate in and reach out to consumers at exhibits and conferences with this home business license in Dubai.
- It will also safeguard your company’s trade name and any other intellectual property. You may also attend DED training and courses if you have an E-trader license!
- An E-Trader license is only valid for a single-owner home-based business or freelancer in Dubai. Individuals who hold this home business license in Dubai are not permitted to operate a physical shop or issue visas.
Requirements to Get an E-trader License
The license is available to both UAE and GCC nationals as well as international nationals. There are two categories of e-trader licenses, both of which allow for a wide range of activities:
- License for Commercial Use
- Professional License
Nationals of the UAE and the GCC can acquire either a professional or a commercial license, whereas foreign national expats can only receive a professional license.
The e-Trader is still subject to VAT, and if the business’s annual revenue exceeds the minimal level, the company must register for VAT and levy VAT, just like any other company in the UAE.
If the owner of the e-trader is attempting to obtain a Licence, he or she must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a resident of Dubai and have a valid Emirates ID.
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- Make a trade name reservation.
- Pay the applicable costs within 24 hours of receiving your license.
- Renewals must be made within one month of the license’s expiration date. If the licensee does to comply, the license will be automatically revoked.
- The registration process with the Dubai DED must be completed.
Dubai Firm Service can assist you in determining the appropriate licensing type and activities for your business, as well as assisting you with the necessary procedures to establish the e-Trader Licence. Please use the form below to get in touch with us if you need any more information or support.
Documents for the e-Trader Licence
- The Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED) is in charge of the registration procedure.
- Passport, UAE residency visa, and Emirates ID are all required.
- Reservation of a trademark.
- Ejari is a company located in Dubai.
E-Trader License has the Following Advantages
- You own the firm outright, which means the company is wholly owned and not separate from the individual. This is not a framework for a limited liability corporation.
- This license does not need a local sponsor, local partner, or national service agent.
- There is no need for an office.
- If necessary, you can get up to three job visas.
License Conditions for Online Business in Dubai
It is crucial to remember that there are restrictions on what you may sell on social media in Dubai if you have an E-trader license.
- GCC and UAE National entrepreneurs with the license can use their social media profiles to undertake commercial activity as well as a professional activity.
- Expats’ eligibility for an E-trader license is determined by their nationality. Non-GCC expats can use social media to offer professional services but not actual items. This might include services such as maintenance, repair, event management, and photography.
- While food items are often not permitted under this license, it is important to double-check with DED for further details as licenses are given on a case-by-case basis.
Do you want to learn more about E-trade licenses in Dubai for expats? When you register for the license, you will learn more about which countries are eligible for the license and what you may sell on social media.
How much does it Cost to Obtain an E-trader License, and how long does it take?
Dubai DED’s current application processing cost is AED 1,200. Commercial activity will incur additional charges. License costs can be paid at Dubai DED up to 24 hours after the payment voucher is issued.
The license must be renewed annually, and there will be annual renewal payments. The Dubai e-Trader Licence is typically set up in 5-10 working days.
Who is Not Suitable for the Dubai E-Trader License?
Not everyone is a good fit for the E Trader license. It is not appropriate for persons in the following situations:
- Applicants who do not reside in Dubai are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who require the license to get a visa and an Emirates ID.
- Applicants who need to rent a business space and work from it, such as a shop, garage, or office.
- Applicants that plan to expand their firm and hire employees.
- Applicants who wish to do business in a location other than Dubai, such as Abu Dhabi.
Business licenses are one-of-a-kind to their owner; one size does not fit all. In this case, you may not fulfil the requirements for an e trader license, it may not allow you to carry out the activities you desire, or it may be too restricted for your company plan.
If the E Trader license isn’t right for you, what other options do you have?
As you can see from what you’ve read so far, there are a number of factors that might make an E Trader license inappropriate for your specific position and future goals. The same is true in Dubai for all sorts of company permits.
If the E-Trader license isn’t right for you, don’t panic; there are a range of alternative licensing options to explore, and here is where the Dubai Business Service can really help you get your business off the ground by ensuring you receive the right license for your needs.
How to obtain an online copy of an E-trader license in Dubai?
Check Dubai trade license online:
- Navigate to DED’s website and click ‘My Transactions’ on the Business Dashboard page.
- Click the ‘Print Licence’ button.
- Enter your license number.
In Dubai, how do I renew my Trade License Online?
- Under My Transactions, choose ‘Renew Licence.’
- Go to the section under “License Renewal Information.”
- Fill in your driver’s license number.
- Click Renew
Can you sell your products outside of Dubai with an e-trader license?
You can sell your items and services in Dubai if you have an E-trade license. If you wish to sell in another emirate, you must contact that emirate’s Department of Economic Development and request authorization. To sell in that emirate, you may need to get a new E-trader license.
In Dubai, what is the minimum age for applying for an e-trader license?
To apply for the license, you must be at least 21 years old.
That was Bayut’s explanation of the E-trader license for people in Dubai who run a home-based business. Send an email to email@example.com if you have any further queries concerning the E-trade license.
Dubai Business Service Can Help You
DBS can advise you on whether the e-Trader Licence is appropriate for your business and can help you set up the license appropriately and get the necessary activities for the firm. If you want assistance with this or any other relevant firm setup, restructuring, or local partner, please contact us.
Book a free consultation today!
Call us on +97145667485 or WhatsApp on +971551129344.
You may also chat with a live agent on our website https://www.dubaibusinessservices.com/, request a call back on https://www.dubaibusinessservices.com/contact-us/ or visit our office Clover Bay Tower Office 1111, Business Bay Dubai UAE